Do you enjoy the variety of working with a broad range of IT systems, being hands on technically and using your problem solving skills to develop solutions? Although happy working autonomously you thrive on working with others and contributing to a small team of like minded individuals? Do you get great satisfaction from serving others by delivering outcomes and mentoring as a Subject Matter Expert? Do you have years of experience in a network or system administration role? If you answered yes then this may be the position you have been looking for.
The Radio Rentals SA Group, not to be confused with the Radio Rentals business operated outside of SA by Thorn Group Ltd, operates multiple brands nationally with over 30 retail stores in SA, Qld and NSW. It is most recognised as one of Australia’s longest established retailers of electrical and furniture goods, available via an unparalleled range of finance options. With its recent foray into NSW, it is certainly an exciting time to join this progressive company as it pursues its interstate expansion ambitions and refreshes its existing image.
Your experience should confirm that you have a working knowledge of the usual suspects, like:
- A range of Microsoft technologies such as recent OSs (server and desktop), AD, Office, O365, Skype for Business, SCCM, SCEP, SQL, Hyper-V, ADFS, Exchange, Azure, IIS, SQL, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, SharePoint
- You are equally at home in Linux (specifically RHEL) and VM Ware
- Anything networking, particularly Cisco products but also Motorola and Unifi, covering all aspects of WAN, LAN, wireless, firewalls, VPN and advanced configuration
- Hardware like Dell Servers and PCs, Compellent SANs, APC, Samsung, Apple, Konica, Lexmark
- Applications like Commvault, Orion, Nagios, Squid, Total Contact Centre, Mobile Iron
- Any mainstream scripting tool
Then to keep you on your toes we have a raft of bespoke systems, the likes you have never heard of before, but ones that your talents will soon see you adept in. After reading this you might be thinking that this is a “keeping the lights on” position dominated by routine maintenance procedures. Whilst maintenance and reliability can’t be ignored, we are most interested in someone always looking to innovate or transform these duties with a focus on improving efficiency and accuracy.
Predominantly in this role will see you spend most of your time:
- Running projects that you are solely responsible for
- Being an escalation point for a help desk team
- Trouble shooting and solving complex problems
- Developing automation and process improvement
Key selection attributes include:
- Exemplary time management skills
- Being results driven, self-motivated and accepts responsibility without being prompted
- Approachability and excellent communication skills with all stakeholders, both internal and external to the department and the company
- Have exceptional technical knowledge with a drive to continually improve this and ensure that it is relevant and up to date
- A team player with a good sense of humour
Does this sound like you? If so then we would love to hear from you!
Please remember to include a covering letter as the first page of your resume addressing the above criteria.